Pages

I have traveled around the world working for powerful fashion designers and PR agencies. Through this blog, I want to document my experiences as I live them. I have learnt so much about the inside world of the fashion industry and this blog will share in my adventures. Warning: I am not a valley girl "OMG no way!" blogger, I enjoy insightful writing... so think of me more as a crazy scientist in the fashion industry who is humble and appreciative of the life I lead!

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Ode to Oprah....A Look Back at her Style Throughout the Years...

"If you want to be on the cover of Vogue and Anna Wintour says you have to be down to 150lbs — that's what you gotta do," Oprah told BBC News.

1998 - Oprah on the cover of Vogue

Oprah Winfrey is the ultimate success story. From being first African-American celebrity to grace the cover of Vogue, to campaigning for the first black president, to starting her own  magazine and launching her own network, Oprah has hit many milestones. From big moments to big fashion, Oprah knows how to make a statement. 


In honor of her finale episode airing tomorrow Wednesday May 25th 2011, I have put 
together some pics of her most memorable fashion moments of the past 25 years.


1986 - First national broadcast of The Oprah Winfrey Show

80's Oprah stole the show when she interviewed Elizabeth Taylor

1997 - Loving Oprah's slick hair-do at the People's Choice Awards 

2005- Oprah gave away a new car to each of her audience members in this stunning bright red Celine skirt-suit, which matched the red ribbon on the key chains

2007 - Oprah at the Opening of the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa

May 24th 2011 - Oprah at her "Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular"


We'll miss you Oprah! Thanks for memories <3

xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment