Pages

I have traveled around the world working for powerful fashion designers and PR agencies. Through this blog, I want to document my experiences as I live them. I have learnt so much about the inside world of the fashion industry and this blog will share in my adventures. Warning: I am not a valley girl "OMG no way!" blogger, I enjoy insightful writing... so think of me more as a crazy scientist in the fashion industry who is humble and appreciative of the life I lead!

Thursday 19 May 2011

Deliciously Detailed Desserts at Cake Opera Co.

If I had to pick something that I loved just as much as fashion and sharks....hands down, it's CAKE.


Recently, my sweet tooth was able to locate the most delicious and beautiful cakes I have ever seen. What's even better; the store is located right here in the heart of Toronto and its called Cake Opera Co. 


Alexandria Pellegrino is the artist behind these extravagant cake creations, which are becoming not only a hit in Canada, but also giving her international recognition. In fact, Nicole Richie and Joel Madden ordered a cake from her for their big wedding day. 

It's no wonder Alexandria's cakes are in demand, her knowledge of art and art history allow her to create intricate cakes that quickly become a masterpiece (almost too beautiful to eat!). Having studied Fine Art at OCAD and experiencing life abroad in Florence to study art history she gained a lot of inspiration for her cake designs. After visiting the enchanting city of Florence, Alexandria returned to Canada to enrol in Le Cordon Blue Patisserie program and it was here that she combined her passion for the arts with beautiful desserts. 

Check out these pirate themed cakes, it’s one of my faves!


Cake Opera Co. is located at 1136 Eglinton Avenue West or you can check out her site: http://www.cakeoperaco.com to see more of her fabulous creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment