Pages

I have traveled around the world working for powerful fashion designers and PR agencies. Through this blog, I want to document my experiences as I live them. I have learnt so much about the inside world of the fashion industry and this blog will share in my adventures. Warning: I am not a valley girl "OMG no way!" blogger, I enjoy insightful writing... so think of me more as a crazy scientist in the fashion industry who is humble and appreciative of the life I lead!

Thursday 28 April 2011

The Gorgeously Talented Matthew Williamson

This past Summer/Fall 2010, I was fortunate enough to work for a PR company on Bruton Street in London, where I had the pleasure of meeting Matthew Williamson during Vogue Fashion Night Out. He is almost as striking in person (could not get over those chiseled cheek bones!) as his impressive womens-wear collection.

Matthew William's flagship store resides at 18 Bruton Street, and he arrived early that day on September the 8th to make sure all preparations were in order for his VFNO party. That night, all of Bruton Street from DIANE von FURSTENBERG's store to British VOGUE Headquarters was packed with celebrities and fashion-lovers alike.

I was pleased to attend both Matthew Williamson's party along with DIANE von FURSTENBERG's and a few others on the street. 

Getting back to point...as you may know, after Wills and Kate's wedding announcement, people turned to Matthew Williamson as one of the eligible designers to be commissioned to make her gown. Speculation grew once they heard Matthew Williamson had announced the launch of his first bridal collection.

However, Williamson set the record straight for VOGUE and said that dressing Kate wasn't his "thing." 

During a VOGUE party he exclaimed that "Kate isn't a fashion bunny" and "I don't know why everyone in fashion is waiting to see what she wears. I'm like, thinking: get over it."

So, the speculation over Williamson as the designer has been put to rest, but there is no denying that his latest bridal collection will delight future brides-to-be.





No comments:

Post a Comment